Robert D. Crain Partner
Practice Areas: Personal Injury
Highly Rated Dallas Injury Attorney
Attorney Robert Crain is a nationally renowned personal injury attorney who has been included in lists such as U.S. News’ Best Lawyers in America. Additional publications often include Rob on their “Best Lawyers” lists, including Texas Monthly and D Magazine.
As a testament to his excellence, he is AV® Rated by Martindale-Hubbell. This means fellow attorneys and legal professionals have rated him highly for his ethical practice and legal skill, demonstrating his integrity and high-level insight.
Attorney Robert Crain handles the following practice areas:
Rob’s educational career mirrors the excellence of his practice. He graduated from the University of Texas with high honors and pursued his Juris Doctorate at the University of Texas School of Law. From there, he began work as an attorney at a personal injury defense firm. While working for the other side of the courtroom, Rob learned firsthand the strategies employed by defendants in negligence claims.
After learning how to successfully represent personal injury plaintiffs from a renowned Texas trial lawyer, Rob opened his own firm in 2001. Over the years, Rob recruited and developed a nationally recognized team of personal injury professionals who now form Crain Brogdon Rogers, LLP. .
A Passionate Leader and Champion of Victims’ Rights
Both in and out of the courtroom, Rob is a passionate leader. To date, he has obtained some of the largest personal injury verdicts and settlements in the nation, including a precedent-setting verdict awarded to the parents of a child-death/negligence case. He is also a member of the Board of Directors of the Texas Trial Lawyers Association, lending his insight and experience to improve the practice of personal injury law in Texas.
As a respected member of the legal community, Rob was named the Outstanding Young Lawyer of Dallas by the Dallas Association of Young Lawyers in 2004. He was also named the Outstanding Young Lawyer of Texas by the Texas Young Lawyers Association for 2004 – 2005.
Rob was again recognized in 2016 by the Dallas Trial Lawyers Association for his “courageous pursuit of justice in the face of adversity.” Most recently, he was elected as the 108th President of the Dallas Bar Association.
Giving Back to the Community
Rob is a past member of the Board of Directors for Big Brothers and Big Sisters in the North Texas Chapter. Additionally, he moderates debates between political candidates and forums about crucial civic issues. He has received the Dallas Police Association’s Back the Blue Award, as well as the DAYFL Award of Excellence for his professional and community service efforts.
His involvement at the local level demonstrates his devotion to the law and to his fellow man, both as a professional and as a Dallas resident. His practice is single-mindedly devoted to upholding the rights of injured or wronged individuals.
- The University of Texas School of Law, Austin, Texas
- J.D., Juris Doctorate
- University of Texas, Austin, Texas
- Honors: with High Honors
Honors and Awards
- “Top 100 Civil Plaintiff Lawyers in The Country”, The National Trial Lawyers 2017
- John Howie Award, Dallas Trail Lawyers Association 2016
- The Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- The Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- “AV-Rated” by Martindale-Hubbell
- “Best Lawyers in America,” Personal Injury Litigation, 2007-2014, 2019, 2021
- “Best Lawyers in Dallas”, D Magazine, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2014
- “Texas Super Lawyer”, Texas Monthly, 2003, 2004, 2007-2010, 2014, 2017
- “Outstanding Young Lawyer of Texas”, Texas Young Lawyers Association, 2004 – 2005
- “Outstanding Young Lawyer of Dallas”, Dallas Association of Young Lawyers, 2004 – 2005
- “Back the Blue Award,” Dallas Police Association, 2003
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Dallas Bar Association, President
- Texas Bar Foundation, Life Fellow
- Dallas Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Dallas Bar Foundation, Sustaining Life Fellow
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association, Board of Directors, 2001 to Present
- Community Legal Advice Clinic
- American Association for Justice
- Pro Bono Representation of 9/11 World Trade Center Victim to the September 11 Fund
Pro Bono Activities
- Board of Directors of the Texas Trial Lawyers Association
- Board of Directors of the North Texas Chapter of Big Brothers and Big Sisters