Sarah Rogers Partner
Practice Areas: Personal Injury
A Wealth of Experience
Sarah Rogers brings fifteen years of litigation experience to Crain Brogdon Rogers, L.L.P.. Sarah’s dedication to helping others is evident both in the courtroom and in her community. As a lawyer, Sarah focuses on attention to detail to obtain results for her clients and brings a wealth of experience and trial success to the Crain Brogdon Rogers team.
Before joining the firm, Sarah spent her career at a personal injury defense firm, where she was elevated to partner in 2011. Her experience with the evaluation methods and motivations of insurance companies and corporate clients now provide valuable insight for her clients who have suffered serious injuries. During her career, Sarah has tried multiple personal injury lawsuits to verdict. In every verdict, the jury found in favor of her clients. She has also successfully presented oral argument to Texas appellate courts.
Sarah’s peers have recognized her talent, naming her one of the Best Lawyers in Dallas by D Magazine in 2017. She has been on Texas Monthly’s Rising Stars list five times. And she received the President’s Award of Merit for her work with the Texas Young Lawyers Association two years in a row.
Sarah is also an active leader in the local community, having served as the President of the Dallas Association of Young Lawyers in 2013 and as the Secretary of the Texas Young Lawyers Association in 2011. Most recently, she served as the Dallas Women Lawyers Association’s President in 2019. Sarah has served as a mentor to high school students, law students, and young lawyers through various programs and she has spoken and been published on various litigation and leadership topics.
Sarah graduated from Texas Christian University before obtaining her J.D. from Southern Methodist University School of Law in 2004 where she graduated with honors and served as Managing Editor of the Journal of Air Law and Commerce. During law school, Sarah spent a summer studying law at Queens College, Oxford University, England.
Sarah can assist clients with various personal injury matters, including the following:
- Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, J.D., 2004 cum laude
- Managing Editor, Journal of Air Law and Commerce
- Summer at Oxford University, Queens College
- Jessup International Law Moot Court Team
Honors and Awards
- President’s Award of Merit, Texas Young Lawyers Association, 2011, 2010
- Life Fellow of the Texas Bar Foundation, 2011
- Sustaining Fellow of the DAYL Foundation
Professional Associations and Memberships
- President – 2019 Dallas Women Lawyers Association – President-Elect 2018; Vice President Membership 2017, Director at Large 2016
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers – President 2013; Board of Directors 2008-2013; Leadership Class 2005; Co-Chair Law Student Assistance Committee; Co-Chair Teen Leadership Academy
- Texas Young Lawyers Association – Secretary 2011-2012; District Representative 2009-2011; Co-Creator of Office in a Flash 2010; Ten Minute Mentor Goes to Law School Committee, 2008-2009
- Committee for a Qualified Judiciary, Member
- Dallas Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Dallas Bar Association, Member
- DBA/DAYL E-Mentoring Program, 2006-2009
- Texas, 2004
- United States District Court, Northern, Southern, Eastern, and Western Districts
- United States Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
Speeches and Presentations
- Trial Practice Tips and Preserving Appeals, Speaker, ABA YLD Midyear Meeting, Chicago, IL, February 7, 2014
- Sanctions and Bad Behavior: What are the causes and what can we do about it?, Speaker, Dallas Bar Association Bench Bar Conference, September 25, 2013; Dallas Bar Association Professionalism Panel, May 2, 2013
- Liquor and the Law: Legal Issues Relating to the Sale of Alcohol – Moderator, ABA YLD Midyear Meeting, Dallas, TX, February 8, 2013
- What to Do and What Not to Do During your Summer Clerkship, Moderator, Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, 2008, 2017
- Alternatives to a Big Firm Practice, Moderator, Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, 2006-2008, Texas Wesleyan Law School, 2008
- Litigation Practice Seminar, Moderator, Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, 2007
- Procedural Application of “Paid or Incurred” – Published May 2009 TYLA E-News